City releases updated Green Line Route for public feedback - Jan. 29, 2020
On Tuesday, January 28 the Green Line team presented an updated Stage 1 of the Green Line route to the Green Line committee of Council. These changes will help address construction risk, cost and customer experience concerns on the project.
In July 2019 Council directed Administration to review the Stage 1 route. Updates to the route include:
- A surface alignment on Centre Street N and a surface station at 16 Avenue N
- A bridge over the river
- A surface station at 2 Avenue S.W. in Eau Claire
- 7 Avenue underground station
- An underground alignment on 11 Avenue in the Beltline and an underground station at 4 Street S.E.
- 21 kilometres of BRT enhancements
This updated route provides benefits including:
- Maximizing ridership
- Directly connecting people to the core
- Facilitates future expansion north and south
- Connecting people to the Beltline and the Entertainment District
- BRT enhancements in the north.
The updates indicate focus areas The City will be working on over the next two months. In March 2020, Administration will present a recommended Stage 1 alignment along with feedback collected from Calgarians to Council for a decision.
Starting today, you can provide feedback on the updated Stage 1 alignment online and at in-person events later in February and early March.
For the latest project news and opportunities to get involved, check back regularly at Calgary.ca/GreenLine. Follow the Green Line story on Twitter @yyctransport #GreenLineYYC or email email@example.com for further questions.
Meeting archived resources
- January 28, 2020 Green Line Committee Meeting Includes council presentation and supporting reports (including attachments).
Categories: Project update