Symbolic Tree Program
Commemorate a birthday, wedding, anniversary or any other special day by planting a tree in one of Calgary's many parks. Work with a Parks Urban Forestry representative to determine a species and location for your symbolic tree and help our environment by increasing our urban forest.
How to apply
Call 311, or 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, to request the planting of a symbolic tree and a program representative will contact you regarding your application. Applications are subject to approval and based on site availability, tree species availability and utility locations.
- Trees are planted from May to September on public property only (parks, green belts, joint-use sites).
- Planting requests on private property are not eligible.
- Requests approved in the current year may not have the tree planted until the following year.
The City offers two symbolic tree packages:
- Package A: $500 — planting of one (1) Container tree in a City of Calgary park.
- Package B: $800 — planting of one (1) Wire Basket tree in a City of Calgary park.
For more information please contact Parks.