12 Street N.E. Mobility Improvements
Project update – Spring 2022
The detailed design for this work is nearing completion.
Due to the age and limitations of the current structure, additional analysis was needed to plan how the bridge would be modified to complete the planned improvements. As a result, the release of the construction tender will take place this spring.
The City of Calgary is working to make our city more livable by improving access and safety for all road users. The City monitors and adjusts existing bikeways and pathways based on several different factors and has identified 12 Street N.E. for upgrades this summer.
The project will include:
- Improved safety for walking and wheeling with the addition of a wider pathway on the west side of the bridge.
- Widening the existing pathway on both the south side of the intersection, as well as from the northwest corner of the bridge to 12 Street N.E. for improved accessibility
- Improved connection to existing bikeway / pathway in the area.
- New pedestrian signals for safer crossing.
- Q2 2022 – Finalize design
- Q3 2022 - Construction start
- Q3/Q4 2022 – Construction complete