How to dispose of motor oil
Take motor oil, oil filters and motor oil containers to a free drop-off location:
- Designated fire hall
- City landfill Throw 'n' Go
- If you bring with other garbage, charges will apply.
How do I prepare motor oil for disposal?
- If you want to keep your container, you must take oil to a landfill Throw 'n' Go.
- Use a sealed, spill-proof container and make sure it is clearly labelled.
- You can bring up to 20 litres of household chemicals per week.
Can you put motor oil in your blue, green or black cart?
No. Do not put motor oil, containers or filters in your blue, green or black carts.
Commercial quantities of motor oil
For businesses with motor oil, oil filters and other automotive chemicals, visit the Alberta Recycling Management Authority or call toll-free 1-888-999-8762
Household hazardous waste drop-off locations listed below: