How to dispose of glass vases
Glass items in good condition
Donate or drop off items to participating charities. See Alberta's Recycling Hotline.
- Glass vases
- Crystal glasses and dishware
- Porcelain dishware and figurines
- Ceramic dishware and figurines
- Pyrex glass containers
- Fish tanks and aquariums
- Coffee pot (carafe)
- Tea pots and coffee mugs
- Lab beakers and vials
- Salt and pepper shakers
- Glass blown art and décor
- Glass ornaments
- Glass trophies or awards
- Light fixture covers and sconces
- Stained glass
Old and broken glass items
Put unusable glass housewares in your black cart as garbage.
How do I prepare glass for disposal?
- Package items safely in a puncture-resistant, non-breakable container (e.g. plastic tub, plastic pail, laundry detergent container)
- Or wrap in two layers of paper and place in a tied bag.
- Label as 'sharps' with a permanent marker and place in your black cart.
Why can't I recycle household glass items?
The glass used for these items is different than food jars and is not recyclable.