Information | Scheduled system upgrade - May long weekend

Due to a scheduled system upgrade, some applications and documents on may not be available from 5 p.m. Friday, May 17 until 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 21. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This year, there have been several reports of people going door to door, either representing some type of home service company or claiming to be from the City of Calgary, providing false/misleading information and/or asking to test residents’ water and/or water meter.

This is a scam and is NOT endorsed by the City of Calgary. The City of Calgary does not go door to door asking to test residents’ water.

If someone comes to your home and identifies themselves as an employee of The City or ENMAX employee, do not give them access to your home and call CPS at 403-266-1234 immediately.

If The City does require access to your home, the standard practice is that we contact the homeowner by phone first and make an appointment to visit the home. In addition to operating the marked City of Calgary vehicles, all City of Calgary employees also carry photograph identification cards identifying themselves as such.

It is important to note:

  • Any agent (sales person) for a business soliciting “door to door” must have in his/her possession an identification card, which clearly identifies the following:
    • agent’s (sales person’s) name,
    • the business name, address and phone number,
    • the business licence number and
    • the expiry date of the business licence
  • The identification card referred to above must be visible at all times while the business is being carried on and must also present the card immediately on request of a prospective customer or a Licence Inspector.
  • These types of businesses are not permitted to solicit at any dwelling unit between the hours of 9:00 PM and 9:00 AM.

The City of Calgary, Water Services, ensures that Calgary’s drinking water quality meets or performs better than all federal and provincial health-related guidelines. For more information on Calgary’s drinking water please visit or call 311.