29 Street / 13 Avenue N.W. Safety Improvements Update
As you may have noticed, The City of Calgary has recently completed some work along 29 Street N.W. service road near the intersection of 13 Avenue N.W. to improve mobility and enhance safety. These improvements were developed collaboratively between multiple City divisions to improve the experience of those walking, wheeling, and driving in the area. The improvements are detailed below and include surface pavement rehabilitation, signage improvements, and pavement marking updates. For any questions regarding this work or for more information, please contact 311.
- Signage improvements
- installation of pedestrian crossing signs at 13 Avenue N.W. intersection,
- relocated speed limit signs for improved visibility,
- additional signs to emphasize yielding, parking designations, and turn restrictions (i.e. No U-Turn signs),
- removal of unnecessary signs to reduce sign-clutter.
- Pavement marking improvements
- extension of the painted centerline and concrete median pavement markings,
- painted arrows to emphasize lane direction,
- bicycle wayfinding road markings with directional arrows,
- repainting of crosswalk markings and stop bars at the 13 Avenue N.W. intersection.
- Surface rehabilitation and repaving
- Along the 29 Street N.W. service road, north and south of 13 Avenue N.W.
Learn more about recent constructions, annoucements, and engagement activities in Ward 7, please subscribe to our newsletter.
Categories: Updates, Ward 7