Our Mission, Vision and Values
The Calgary Fire Department is dedicated to the safety of Calgarians. Four platoons of firefighters located in 39 fire stations across Calgary provide a range of emergency and non-emergency services. Emergency services include response to fires, emergency medical incidents, chemical and hazardous materials releases and motor vehicle collisions. In addition, we provide specialized rescue services in high or collapsed structures, confined spaces, on our waterways or in situations caused by weather events.
Our Calgary Fire Incident Map shows the types and number of incidents we attend in each area of the city.
Our Mission: to serve the community through excellence in fire prevention, education, protection and safety.
Our Vision: to be the international fire service leader.
Our values of pride, professionalism, teamwork and respect guide our actions and guide how we work with the communities we serve.
The Calgary Fire Department is an accredited agency with the Commission of Fire Accreditation International (CFAI). Accreditation is about striving for excellence, and ensures we continue to improve our service to Calgarians.
We are one of only seven Canadian fire services who have received this designation. Of more than 33,000 fire agencies across North America, only 201 have achieved this status.
To learn more about the policies and strategies that guide us, download the documents below.
- Calgary Fire Department 2019 Annual Report
- Calgary Fire Department 2018 Annual Report
- Calgary Fire Department 2017 Annual Report
- Calgary Fire Department Sustainability Plan 2011-2021
- CS&PS Action Plan 2015-2018
- Calgary Fire Department Standard of Cover Executive Summary
- Calgary Fire Department Self Assessment Manual
- Calgary Fire Department 2019 - 2022 Strategic Outlook