Nose Hill Project Documents
Below are documents that were developed for the Nose Hill Park project.
Nose Hill Trail & Pathway Plan:
- Nose Hill Trail & Pathway Plan (NHTPP) - The NHTPP was developed to address a variety of major longstanding park routing, environmental and visitor use issues. The plan was approved by Council in July 2005.
- Nose Hill Trail & Pathway Map - Map of the trails and pathways at Nose Hill Park
- Nose Hill Park - Information Brochure - Information brochure on the changes happening at Nose Hill Park.
- Parks report to the Standing Policy Committee
Parks provided its annual implementation update to the Council Standing Policy Committee in February 2007.
Biophysical Impact Assessments:
- Cross-Park Pathway Assessment - Note: document does not contain maps or photographs. For a copy of the entire document, please email The City of Calgary Parks.
- Pedestrian Overpass Pathway Linkage Assessment - Biophysical Impact Assessment for the construction and operation of a paved pathway from the pedestrian overpass at Brisbois to the Edgemont parking lot area.
- Pedestrian Overpass Pathway Linkage Historical Resources Assessment - Historical Resources Impact Assessment for the John Laurie Blvd. pedestrian overpass alignment with Nose Hill east-west cross-park pathway connector.
- Park-Wide Breeding Bird Survey - In response to recommendations of the cross-park pathway assessment (BIA) a park-wide breeding bird survey was undertaken in spring/summer 2006.
- Breeding Bird Mitigation - Linear transect surveys were undertaken along a sample of park routes to assess bird populations and use patterns, and more closely examine the potential impacts of trail and pathway construction activities on breeding-birds.