Lakeview golf course accessibility
At this Location:
Please note: We are working to improve access so that everyone feels like they belong and can use our services. Access is worked on during the planning, design and construction of projects. While much has been accomplished, it is acknowledged that more remains to be done to improve access. Not all parts of the facility may be "accessible for all". So ONLY the areas of the building that are barrier-free are listed on this webpage. See the detailed description to know whether your access needs will be met before you go.
- 4 designated accessible parking spaces
- Accessible path of travel leads from parking lot to the clubhouse entrance
- Clubhouse entrance is at ground level (no stairs)
- no power operated door
- Tee Box signs have strong colour contrast
Interior building elements
- 1 floor/level in facility
- Reception counter has a counter induction hearing loop
- Swipe card mechanism is between 800 – 1100 mm from the floor (reachable from a wheelchair)
- Barrier-free path of travel through corridor to:
- Reception/Concession Area
Special needs golf cart available
- The intent of special need carts is to allow those players who cannot golf without a powercart, the opportunity to pre-book (guarantee) one in advance.
- Proof of a permanent mobility limitations is required to reserve this cart and must be presented every time the cart is rented.
- Each golf course has a limited number of special need carts. In order to guarantee availability, you must call the golf course where your round is booked and reserve the cart in advance.
- Reservations for special need carts are accepted up to 4 days in advance.
- This power cart program is available at Shaganappi Point and Valley 9, McCall Lake 18 and Par 3, Maple Ridge, Lakeview, and Confederation Park Golf Courses. Additional information is available at those individual courses.
For more information visit Course Policies under Special Needs Golf Cart.