Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton - open now
Situated in the heart of a vibrant urban centre in southeast Calgary, Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton provides a blend of leisure, sports, arts, cultural and recreational amenities for individuals and families while providing a competitive sport venue for Calgary’s amateur sport community. The approximately 330,000 square foot facility serves as a community hub in a dynamic area surrounded by a high school, a regional park and the southeast LRT. The facility is located at 4995 Market Street S.E. Amenities include:
- 50m, 10 lane competition pool
- Water Park
- Spectator viewing area
- Leisure pool
- Hot tubs and steam room
- 2 multi-purpose ice rinks
- 3 Gymnasiums with multi-purpose flooring
- Fitness centre with cardio and strength training equipment
- Fitness/aerobics studios
- 200m running/walking track
- Large and small rooms for use as studios, classrooms and meeting spaces
- 25,000 sq. ft. full service library
- Youth centre with dedicated space for youth activities and programs
- Art making, studio and gallery space
- 250 seat theatre
- Childcare/child minding
- Food services
- Physiotherapy/medical clinic
See the Brookfield Residential YMCA at Setonschematic design.
The facility opened to the public on January 14, 2019.
The competition and recreational pool areas are anticipated to open to the public on March 1, 2019 as they require additional work to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
This phased approach allows the facility to begin serving Calgarians with many sorely-needed amenities, including the theatre, art studios, daycare, library, and arenas.
The facility, apart from the areas still under construction, have been turned over to YMCA Calgary for commissioning ahead of the operational opening. Tours are available through YMCA Calgary.
Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton - Main Atrium
The future recreation pool area (opening March 1), including the recreation pool (r), lazy river (centre) and posts for a waterslide (L). Behind the lazy river is the foundation for the surf simulator.