Municipal Complex Commemoration Policy Information
The Commemoration Policy provides opportunities for temporary display of achievements of our city’s culture and heritage in the Municipal Complex in balance with the primary use of the space.
- Any individual or organization may submit an application proposing the temporary display of a commemoration in the Municipal Complex in accordance with the policy.
- The City of Calgary will not consider applications that are contrary to Canadian federal or provincial laws, municipal bylaws or policies.
- Approved commemorations may be displayed in the Municipal Complex for up to one year.
Review, Evaluation and Recommendation
- Within 90 days of the application close date, City Administration will submit to Council a report with recommendations on whether to approve applications to display commemorations in the Municipal Complex.
- Final approvals remain with Council.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application following Council’s decision.
- Successful applicants will be provided with the contact information of the facility operator to coordinate the installation of the commemoration in the Municipal Complex.
- Successful applicants are responsible for the costs of the display, ceremony and the manufacture and installation of approved commemorations
- Successful applicants maintain ownership of the commemoration.
- The City of Calgary is responsible for security and maintaining the commemoration while on display in the Municipal Complex.
- Successful applicants are responsible for the costs associated with the removal of the commemoration at the end of the approved display period.
Commemoration Policy Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org