About the park
Mills Park is one of the first natural play spaces in a City park and was redeveloped entirely with natural (and natural looking) play elements and minimal to no traditional playground structures.
This natural play space was made possible through the generous contributions of Saputo Inc. and Parks Foundation Calgary. With the help of sponsors and partners, we hope to bring projects like this to more of Calgary’s communities.
The playgrounds in East Village and St. Patrick’s Island Park are alternative playgrounds that incorporate traditional playground structures with components of natural play.
- Slackline course (10m, 15m, 21m)
- Wooden swing set (Saucer and two belts)
- Wooden amandinda and musical play with drums
- Loose sticks and bark to build your own fort in the woods
- Berm with built in stone seating and theatrical play area
- Rain garden with sandstone stepping rocks
- Log jam slide on a small hill
- Water tower with climbing rope, climbing wall, and slide
- Tot-lot area fenced off with log steppers, sand pit, mini slide, grass seating area, and a paved area for drawing
- Gateway elements in the style of a ranch
- Swing bench
- Tree orchard and mix of tall grasses and shrubs
There are numerous community and public parks in Calgary to explore.
Need additional information on our parks and activities? Want to request maintenance?