Planning & Development is deferring or waiving some fee payments in 2021, specifically enhancing flexibility on building permits.
A pre-application inquiry is a voluntary process where a prospective applicant may present a development proposal to The City for review and comment, prior to a formal application being submitted. The City currently offers two types of pre-application services:
- Simple Pre-Applications: Please contact the Planning Services Centre at (403) 268-5311 or calgary.ca/livechat.
- CPAG Team Pre-Applications: To start your application, please contact the Planning Services Centre at (403) 268-5311 or calgary.ca/livechat.
CPAG (Corporate Planning Applications Group) pre-application meetings are strongly recommended on all major, complex or controversial Outline Plan, Subdivision, Land Use Amendment and Development Permit Applications. Having a pre-application meeting can help identify major issues with the proposal, as well as identify supplemental technical information that will be required to accompany the formal application.
A CPAG pre-application meeting fee is charged for this service and can be found on the second page of the Planning Applications Fee Schedule. This is a meeting with a planner and representatives from Parks, Transportation and Development Engineering and is submitted online through vista.calgary.ca. To make an online submission, you will need the following:
- Applicant Information
- Parcel Address
- Project Name
- Project Description
- Discussion Items
- Conceptual Site Plan and/or Context Plan
- Where the Pre-application is for a land use redesignation only, a conceptual site and/or context plan are not required.
- Pre-application Meeting Fee
- Payment will be required online to complete this request.
For detailed step-by-step instructions on how to submit a CPAG Pre-Application, click on the How-To Guide.
Planning Services Centre
We are experiencing higher than normal volumes and longer wait times. We appreciate your patience while our agents answer your questions and review your applications.
If you are trying to reach us, please select only one method of contact for your inquiry. Multiple inquiry services at the same time can increase volumes and wait times. For applications, we encourage the use of our online system as the timelines for drop-off and online submissions are the same.
Monday - Friday*
8 a.m. - 4:15p.m. (Mountain Time Zone)
*closed on statutory holidays
COVID-19 changes to services