How to recycle metal lids
Recycle jam jar lids, pickle jar lids, tuna can lids and other metal container lids:
- In your blue cart
- At a community recycling depot
- Metal lids must be larger than 5 cm (approx. two inches) in diameter.
- Tip: if the lid is about the size of the palm of your hand, it's ok to recycle.
- Where possible, place the lid inside the metal food can it came from and fold the top closed.
- Recycle metal lid separately from glass/plastic containers.
Community recycling depot locations listed below: