Human Resources (HR)
Human Resources (HR) offers high-quality services to our customers through a portfolio-focused HR delivery system.
Our services include:
- recruitment and retention;
- succession planning;
- organization development;
- learning and development;
- performance management;
- employee and labour relations;
- pay services;
- employee Active Living Program,
- health management;
- employee & family assistance program (EFAP);
- pensions and benefits; and
- diversity and inclusion.
We will strive for excellence and demonstrate our passion through being:
- Partners, accountable for accomplishing strategic human-resource objectives that clearly contribute to business results;
- Stewards for all employees; recognizing and increasing their contributions to The City; and
- Catalysts, identifying human-resource opportunities; supporting and encouraging business partners and employees through change.
As a seamless human-resource practice, we will:
- help shape and integrate the human resource objectives throughout the corporation, and share in the design and delivery of services that achieve those objectives;
- consistently apply the highest quality professional human resources services in alignment with business needs;
- measure our performance in meeting internal customers' needs and against external best-of-class human-resource practices;
- support the development of employees to their full potential of adding value to corporate goals;
- enable management and employees to meet their commitments to each other;
- be accountable for the highest professional and ethical standards;
- shape a work culture that supports diversity, innovation, risk-taking, and sustainable change; and
- continuously examine and improve the delivery of flexible and innovative human-resource services.