Alert | State of Local Emergency in Effect

City declares State of Local Emergency. Water restrictions and Fire ban in place. Our water is safe to drink.

Water Saving Tips, FAQs, more information

Ward 1 - Sonya Sharp

Feedback and resources

Feedback and resources

Community concerns

311 is the best place to start for most concerns with City services. When you submit a request online, on the app, or by phone, it's sent directly to the right team to address the issue. 

Examples of issues that can be addressed through 311 include: 

  • Reporting potholes or issues with snow and ice on City streets
  • Issues with waste collection
  • Bylaw enforcement
  • Maintenance at City parks or facilities

If you are can't resolve the issue after contacting 311, the Ward 1 Office would be happy to discuss it with you further. Please have your 311 Service Request number ready if possible. 

City bylaws and policies

Councillor Sharp believes that the best decisions come from listening directly to Calgarians. She welcomes your feedback on any issue affecting the city, anytime. 

Many City bylaws and policies are considered by one of Council's Standing Policy Committees before they're decided on by Council. Members of the public are welcome to address the committee in person or submit written comments to share their views. 

Agendas for the Communnity Development Committee and the Infrastructure and Planning Committee are usually published about five days prior to the scheduled meeting. 

Planning & Development

Everyone has the opportunity to share their feedback on proposed developments and land use changes. 

You can submit comments on proposed developments using the Development Map at Your input is shared directly with the File Manager overseeing the application and will help inform whether it's approved and any conditions that are put in place.

Notes of approved development permits are posted each week at Once a permit is approved, Calgarians have 21 days to file an appeal to the appropriate board, which is typically the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB)

Land use changes also require a public hearing and approval from Council. In addition to submitting comments through the Development Map, you can submit written comments to all members of Council for the public record, or sign up to speak to Council at the public hearing.

Getting involved

Your voice can help shape City policies and services. 

Whether it's joining a board or taking a survey, The City has ways to participate that suit a variety of interests and time commitments: