Calgary Rec Centres: Updated fall and Labour Day hours
Starting September 5, The City of Calgary will be adjusting the hours of several recreation centres. Here’s what you need to know.
Shouldice Aquatic Centre will reopen and return to four days per week, Tuesday to Friday.
Foothills Aquatic Centre will return to four days per week, Monday to Thursday.
Inglewood Aquatic Centre will return to seven days per week.
The following facilities will optimize hours of operation and stay open one hour later on weekdays:
- Canyon Meadows Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- Killarney Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Renfrew Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Sir Winston Churchill Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Thornhill Aquatic & Recreation Centre
The following facilities will maintain current hours of operation:
Glenmore Reservoir kayak & canoe rentals will be open 1 – 6 p.m. on weekdays, and 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. on weekends.
Detailed information and current hours of operation can be found at calgary.ca/pools.
Leisure centre preventative maintenance and cleaning
Several amenities at Southland and Village Square Leisure Centres will be closed as they undergo annual preventative maintenance and cleaning, beginning Sept. 5, 2023.
Ongoing maintenance of existing facilities is crucial for maintaining building quality and ensuring great user experiences.
The amenity reopening dates are as follows:
Southland Leisure Centre
- The fitness studio, weight room and gymnasium reopen Sept. 11, 2023.
- The water park and wave pool are expected to reopen on Oct. 2, 2023.
Village Square Leisure Centre
- The weight room and gymnasium reopen Sept. 11, 2023.
- The fitness studio reopens Sept. 18, 2023.
- The water park and pool area will undergo additional repairs and are expected to reopen in early November.
The Leisure Centres will remain open to Calgarians while specific amenities are closed and building tenants will be open regular hours.
Labour Day long weekend hours of operation
Saturday, Sept. 2 & Sunday, Sept. 3
- Indoor pools, fitness and leisure centres, arenas and Calgary Soccer Centre will operate on regular hours of operation.
- Glenmore Reservoir kayak & canoe rentals open 9:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. Visit calgary.ca for boat launch status.
Monday, Sept. 4
- Indoor pools and fitness centres, arenas, arts centres, and Calgary Soccer Centre will be closed.
- Leisure centres will be open 11 a.m. – 5 p.m..
Glenmore Reservoir kayak & canoe rentals open 9:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. Visit calgary.ca for boat launch status.
Thornhill Aquatic planned maintenance
Thornhill Aquatic & Recreation Centre will be closed Aug. 30 – 31, 2023, for planned maintenance. The expected reopening date of the facility is Sept. 1, 2023.
During this time, we recommend visiting the nearby Sir Winston Churchill Aquatic & Recreation Centre located at 1520 Northmount Dr. N.W. or Renfrew Aquatic & Recreation Centre located at 810 13 Ave. N.E.
Thanks for your patience as we work to ensure our facilities continue to offer quality services and programs. For more information about our recreation facilities and for up-to-date hours of operation, please visit calgary.ca/pools
Categories: Fall, General, Recreation, Tips