Happy New Year Ward 2!
As 2022 wraps up, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year heading into 2023. As Council resumes this week, I want to remind citizens that I am available to be reached at by email or by phone, and I look forward to hearing from you on what matters most. Please visit my website to stay up to date on all the latest news.
Traffic Safety Measures in Ward 2
Whether you're walking, biking, or driving, our office is committed to keeping Calgarians safe and on the move, within your communities and on Calgary's road network. By working together, we can improve traffic safety.
I am pleased to share the following Safety and Mobility Improvements confirmed for Ward 2:
- Arbour Crest Dr & Arbour Crest CI - Ladder crosswalk pavement markings
- Citadel Link & Citadel Hills Gr - Temporary traffic calming curb extension(s) and starburst pedestrian signs
- Hamptons Dr & Hampstead Rd - Temporary traffic calming curb extension(s)
- Hawkcliff Ga & Hawkwood Bv - Pedestrian sleeves and ladder crosswalk markings
- Hidden Valley Dr & Shaganappi Tr - New traffic signal
- Nolan Hill Bv & Nolan Hill Av - Marked and signed crosswalk
- Arbour Lake Rd Heading Westbound - Installation of Curve Warning Sign (Early 2023)
- Arbour Lake Rd & Arbour Wood Cl - Relocation of Existing Playground Zone Sign to Improve Visibility (Early 2023)
- Evansford Ci/Evanspark Ci & Symons Valley Pkwy - New traffic signal (Jan 2023)
- Evanston Dr & Symons Valley Pkwy - New traffic signal (Q2 2023)
- Evanstone Vw & Evansbrooke Lnk (Kenneth D. Taylor School) - Temporary traffic calming curb extension(s) (Q2 2023)
- Hawkwood Bv & Hawksbrow Dr - Curb Extensions (Q2/Q3 2023)
- Kincora Glen Rd (Concept being developed) - Temporary traffic calming curb treatment (Q2 2023)
- Nolanridge Co/Nolanridge Cr & Sarcee Tr - New traffic signal (Q2 2023)
- Nolan Hill Bv & Nolancrest Ga - Marked and signed crosswalk (Q2 2023)
- Ranchview Dr & Ranch Estates Dr (Concept being developed) - Temporary traffic calming curb extension(s) (Q2 2023)
- Sage Valley Bv & Shaganappi Tr - New traffic signal (Early 2023)
If you are aware of any other dangerous intersections not listed above, I invite you to please submit these concerns to 311. With the mobile app, citizens have the ability to upload a photo and geotag its exact location. 311 is the most efficient tool to assist the City in tracking problematic areas to help advocate for Safety and Mobility Improvements in your community.
Categories: General, Mobility, Roads, Safety, Transportation