How to Submit a Commemoration Application
Applicants may submit an application to temporarily display a commemoration in the Municipal Complex between October 1 and November 15 annually.
Review the Municipal Complex Commemoration Policy and determine whether your proposal applies under this policy.
Complete a typed letter of application describing the subject of the commemoration, with the following information :
- Short title that describes the event, individual or group proposed for the commemoration
- A statement identifying the relevance and significance of the contribution made to Calgary’s culture and heritage
- Detailed description of the commemoration display
- Include drawings and/or photos of the proposed display
- A statement, in the form of a story, that would be displayed with the proposed commemoration while in the Municipal Complex
- Reference material (i.e. articles, photographs or testimonials regarding the subject of the proposed commemoration) and other supporting evidence explaining why the commemoration should be displayed in the Municipal Complex
- A proposed date for a commemoration ceremony if the application proposes the commemoration of an anniversary of a significant event.
- A letter of application must not exceed 15 single-sided pages (including photos)
- Do not include weblinks or URLs as reference material. If necessary, print the webpage or article and include as part of your supporting evidence.
- Cerloxed or bound presentation folders are not accepted (applications will be reproduced for the review and evaluation process)
- Letters of Applications are not returned.
Requirements for the Application:
Complete the Application Cover Form and attach to the front of your letter of application. Applications will not be processed without this form.
Application packages may be submitted between October 1 and November 15 annually. We regret that applications received outside of these dates will not be considered. Applications packages may be submitted to:
Municipal Complex Commemoration Application
c/o Director’s Office
Facility Management (#8052)
The City of Calgary
9th Floor, 800 MacLeod Trail SE