There are so many interesting things to see in Calgary while enjoying a walk. View some public art or an archaeological site. Plan a self-guided historical tour and take in some fantastic architecture. Discover amazing hikes close to home. Get out of the house for a little exercise of mind and body.
Things to keep in mind while enjoying the outdoors
- Maintain physical distancing: minimum 2 metres or 6 feet (the length of a bicycle) away from fellow explorers.
- Take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints.
- Only venture outside if you’re feeling healthy and not exhibiting any symptoms.
Things to try while on your walk
Try these exercises every time you see one of the items below:
- A dog - 5 jumping jacks
- A bench - 10 seconds of skipping
- A cyclist - spin around 3 times
Facility walking maps
Our facilities may be closed but you can still enjoy a hike or a short walk on paths around or near them.