Winter scavenger hunt
Scavenger hunts are a good way to get creative and have some fun whether you're indoors, on a Zoom call or out in your community. What are some of the things you love about winter? Make your own scavenger hunts to keep your family and friends active this winter!
- Pencil or pen
- Coloring markers
To make it digital, make sure you have a smartphone or laptop with a camera and microphone. You will also need an app like Skype, Zoom or Facetime.
- Make a list of objects you can find in your home or neighbourhood that remind you of winter. Your list can be however long you like.
- Set rules and time limits for finding all the objects. You could see who finds the most in one day or a week, or see who can find each object the fastest.
- Email, text or send a picture of your list to friends and family.
- Get hunting!
For a digital scavenger hunt:
- Make your list of objects, but keep it secret from your friends and family.
- On your video call, read out one item at a time and have your friends and family find the object in their homes.
- The first one to bring the object back on camera wins a point. You'll need someone with quick eyes to award and track points.
- Once you're finished your list, calculate who has the most points and declare them the winner.