- Find out where the closest park or greenspace is to your house. This could be a regional park, a playground, pathway, or stormwater pond.
- You want the greenspace to be walking distance to your residence
- Get your sneakers and go for a walk with your family.
- While taking a walk, think about what you could do to make the space better for your community.
- When you get home, make a list of ways you can help the community, such as a community clean-up.
Can you think of other ways to be stewards of your neighbourhood? Every small thing you can do in your community could make a big change in someone else’s eyes!. For more ideas, check out these fun ideas under the “crafts and games” section of calgary.ca/athome.