Nature inspired photography and art
Being in nature provides a positive boost to your mental health and can help you connect with the world around you. Many of the wonderful things in nature can be found in the parks and greenspaces around your home. Use this activity to take in the beauty of your surroundings and take time to enjoy what nature has to offer.
Time: 1 – 2 hours
- Camera (phone, tablet, or digital camera)
- Pencils and/or pencil crayons
Take a walk (on your own or with your family) to explore a nearby greenspace or City park. Keep in mind:
- Please be respectful of other park visitors
- Maintain physical distancing: at least 6 feet or 2 metres (the length of a bicycle) away from other visitors.
- Take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints.
- Only venture outside if you’re feeling healthy and not showing any symptoms.
Take in and reflect on your surroundings. What can you see, hear and smell? How does it make you feel?
Take photos of the greenery or whatever inspires you! Spend some time to find the right angles and lighting that will help your photo pop!
If you prefer to draw instead, find a comfortable place to sit down. Draw something from the park that catches your eye (like trees, shrubs or wildlife) or something related to how you’re feeling.
Have fun! Be sure to share your photos or artwork with your friends and family online.