Be a tree story
Read the poem while doing the actions:
- A seed is planted (crouch into a ball on the ground).
- It’s spring now, the warm sun and rain make the seed grow into a sapling (slowly get taller & spread out arms).
- In the warm summer breeze your big leaves sway, you feel strong with your roots deep in the ground (fingers open, arms stretched out and moving, stomp feet).
- The days are getting cooler with the arrival of fall, leaves start to fall (fingers closed).
- In the cold and darker winter, you feel sleepy (arms droop beside body).
- Go back to spring!