Media - Day 4 grades K-3 learning activities
These activities will help youth build a positive view of themselves and recognize their strengths while thinking about media. They can be done alone or with friends over a video chat such as Skype, Zoom, Facetime, etc.
Trivia question: True or false: a giraffe has the same number of neck bones as a human?
- Sit so you are comfortable.
- Close your eyes or keep them open.
- Notice how it feels when you say these sentences to yourself: I am safe. I have everything that I need. I am surrounded by people who love me.
- pencil crayons, markers or crayons
Have your child think of someone who has helped them and write a thank you message to them.
Let them know that they are appreciated. Add pictures to show how you’re doing and the types of activities you like to do at home.
Many things that used to happen in person now happen online. This means that we are digital citizens and we can work to do good things online.
Do this true or false quiz with your child to practice learning about digital citizenship. To make it more fun, have your child hop like a bunny if they think the answer is true, and curl up like a rock if they think the answer is false (or choose other actions based on your child’s abilities). *You can find the answers at the end of the lesson plan.
True or False:
- It’s ok to share my password with my friends
- The Internet can help me learn new skills
- I should let my parents/guardians know if I am creating a new account
- I can say mean things online that I wouldn’t say in person
- I should tell a parent/guardian when a stranger talks to me online
- I can get in trouble for bullying people online
- If I delete something I put online, it will go away forever
- If I am posting something that somebody else created, I should give them credit
- If I see something inappropriate online, I should tell a parent/guardian
- If someone is trying to hurt my feelings online, I should tell somebody
Watch the video for help on this activity.
- string or ribbon
- a stapler or tape
- crayons or markers
Help your child trace their right and left hands.
Cut out hands and decorate them any way you like.
Attach the two hands with a piece of ribbon or string.
Mail them to someone who you think needs a hug!
Ask your child:
- How does it feel to stay connected to people you love?
- How do you think people will feel when they receive something from you?
- What are some other ways you can stay connected with people, even when you can’t see them every day?
Mindfulness Activity Trivia Answer:
- True, both humans and giraffes have 7 neck bones
Digital Citizens True or False Answers: