Ready Calgary is a community preparedness program developed by the Calgary Emergency Management Agency (CEMA) for the citizens of Calgary. It has been designed to inform, educate and build resiliency to the impacts of emergencies. The course encourages safety at home, in the workplace, neighbourhood and community. Become a leader in your community and help empower a resilient network of prepared citizens.
Section One: Fundamentals of emergency preparedness for individuals and families
Take our online course and learn how to prepare your home and family for an emergency.
Section Two: Emergency preparedness in your neighbourhood for community leaders
Take part in a workshop that will teach you how to prepare your community and neighbourhood for an emergency.
- You must successfully complete the Ready Calgary online course (section one) before registering for this workshop.
- Cost: Free
- Three-hour workshop held from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Maximum number of participants per session: 15
- Check back soon for 2019 workshop dates
- For individuals (18+) invested in the needs and requirements of their community or neighbourhood as a whole
- Facilitated by CEMA professionals, trained in emergency preparedness at the Emergency Operations Centre, Calgary
- Participants will receive a physical copy of the participant manual