City outdoor day camps are following the provincial public health guidelines for Stage 2 of the relaunch strategy. We’ll create a safe environment using green spaces beside recreation facilities for children to be social, get outside and have some fun this summer.
Before you register your child for a camp, check if you're eligible for our fee assistance program.
Registration starts June 25 (our program offerings will be posted on June 24).
Required forms and waivers
Please complete all forms prior to arriving at camp.
Important day camp information
- Day camp staff are selected based on their experience, ability to relate to children and leadership skills.
- Staff are certified in Standard First Aid and CPR, High Five® Principles of Healthy Child Development, and receive additional City of Calgary training.
- Staff will conduct non-contact symptom screening for your child at drop-off as well as throughout the day. Parents/guardians will be contacted immediately to arrange pick up from camp should your child show signs of illness.
For your child to have their best day camp experience, please tell us of any needs that could impact their participation when you register. If your child requires more support than we can provide a day camp supervisor will request you, the parent/guardian, to provide a support worker/aide to attend camp with your child.
- Camp drop-off will start at 9 a.m. and children must be picked up by 4 p.m.
- Late pickups may be charged a late pickup fee. If you will be late, call 311 to be transferred to the facility and inform day camp staff.
- Indoor washroom facilities are available for children. Physical distancing and hand hygiene reminders are in place.
We are not offering pre-care and post-care for the 2020 season.
Registering for a day camp
- Registration for outdoor summer day camps starts June 25 (our program offerings will be posted June 24).
- All campers must be the appropriate age for the camp by the first day of camp.
- Locations and capacity are limited.
- The best way to register is online. For fee assistance customers, please call 403-268-3800 and choose option 1.
How do I register for a Day Camp offline?
To register by phone, call 403-268-3800 during the following times:
- Monday to Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday to Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Excluding statutory holidays and holiday weekends
Walk-in or in-person registration is not available in 2020.