Fall/winter break day camps
Benefits of participating in our day camps
School break day camps provide a fun, interactive, learning adventure where kids build friendships and memories while developing:
- Cognitive skills.
- Communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- A sense of identity and community.
Spring & summer registration dates
Registration for spring & summer programs, classes and day camps:
- Feb. 22 - Summer day camp schedule preview
- March 5 - Summer day camp registration
- March 7 - Program and class schedule preview
- March 12 - Program and class registration
- March 14 - Certification registration
Ensure your Live and Play account is ready on registration day by logging in and verifying your information is up to date. Get ready to register.
Registration will open:
- 6 a.m. — Online (virtual waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.).
- 8:30 a.m. — By calling the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (option 1).
- During business hours — At any City-operated Aquatic & Recreation or Arts facility.
Types of camps
You can register online, in person at our Aquatic facilities, or by calling
403-268-3800 (option 1).
About our day camp leaders
Day camp staff are selected based on their experience, ability to relate to children and leadership skills.
Staff are certified in Intermediate First Aid and CPR, High Five® Principles of Healthy Child Development, and receive additional City of Calgary training.
What are day camps like?
A day at our camps is filled with activities that will help your child learn more about themselves, others, and the world around them. They will take part in activities like games, sports, and arts.
Depending on the camp, campers may get to do adventures like swimming, exploring nature at local parks, and playing on indoor or outdoor play structures.
Camp drop-off starts at 9 a.m. and children must be picked up by 4 p.m. Late pickups may be charged a late pickup fee. If you will be late, call 311 to be transferred to the facility and inform day camp staff.
On the first day of the program, please bring a signed permission form. Make sure you understand the requirements regarding medication.
For each day of the program, please bring:
- A healthy lunch and snacks for the day that don't require heating
- Refillable plastic or metal water bottles.
- Any necessary medication or medical equipment (such as an epi-pen).
Leave all valuable items and personal electronics at home. We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
Inclusion for campers with disabilities
For your child to have their best day camp experience, please tell us of any needs that could impact their participation when you register. If your child requires more support than we can provide a day camp supervisor will request you, the parent/guardian, to provide a support worker/aide to attend camp with your child.