Athletic park rental terms and conditions
All groups must have their permit with them during bookings to avoid conflict. If non-permitted user is occupying site, please contact City staff if available on site, or call 311.
The City reserves the right to revise or cancel permits at any time.
Failure to observe facility regulations including but not limited to failure to meet payment deadlines, subletting, verbal, physical abuse, alcohol or drug use while on site may result in consequences including the cancellation of permit(s) and loss of renewal privileges. A full list of use/regulations can be found www.calgary.ca/athleticparks . The City of Calgary is not liable for any personal injury, loss or damage to personal property that may result from facility use.
Groups are responsible for any damages to the field, tracks, or velodrome and to surrounding residences, schools, cars and parking lots.
No access to fields, tracks, or velodrome that are covered in snow. The velodrome may be closed due to the surface being wet. Fields may be closed due to inclement weather. User groups are required to check the field status, the day of your booking. Field Status tool will be updated weekdays by 4:00pm, weekends by 9:00am and by 1:00pm.
User groups are NOT allowed to remove snow from any athletic park assets including artificial turf and tracks.
R 1518 (R2008-11) B
The conditions listed below apply to the use of the facility for which this permit is issued. Facilities managed by the Calgary Board of Education and the Calgary Catholic Separate School Division #1 may have additional regulations which are established by the respective School Board and which if applicable are attached.
The City of Calgary Bylaws govern appropriate activities and behaviour in parks and facilities, and all renters are required to abide by these bylaws and their regulations. These bylaws may be found at www.calgary.ca. In addition, regulations and requirements laid out in the permit Conditions of Use section, permit Additional Notes section and the following apply:
1. Changes to Permits (by the customer)
Once a permit has been issued, any amendments made by the renter involving the cancellation of time(s) and/or date(s) will result in an administrative fee of $10 plus GST/10 bookings/permit. Notification to The City of Calgary Facility Bookings must be received in writing within a minimum of:
- 7 (seven) business days in advance of the rental date for City Facilities.
- 30 (thirty) calendar days in advance of the rental date for Arenas, Athletic Parks, and School Boards Facilities (Christmas, Spring/Easter breaks, additional time will be required. Please contact the Customer Service Centre to determine the timeline affecting your permits).
- No cancellations or refunds permitted for Spring/Summer arena bookings (April-August).
Failure to observe these timelines will result in the renter being charged the full cost of the rental.
2. Changes to Permits (by The City of Calgary)
The City of Calgary reserves the right to cancel or amend this permit in advance of the date should special circumstances arise. In these circumstances, a full credit or refund will be made to the renter (or alternate date(s) provided where possible).
3. Credits and Refunds Related to Weather
- Credits or refunds will be processed automatically for Athletic Park closures.
- Credits or refunds will be processed for picnic site bookings if the renter contacts The City of Calgary no later than the next business day AND the credit/refund is verified by The City of Calgary.
- Credits or refunds will not be issued for community playfield permits or where an administrative fee has been charged for a seasonal/annual permit.
4. Behaviour of Rental Party
I agree that as the person in whose name this permit has been executed that:
- I am responsible for the actions of those who use the facility during the time of rental;
- I will pay for the reasonable costs of any damage caused to the facilities by my actions or the actions of those who use the facility during the time of rental;
- I will take reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the facility during the time of rental;
- I will indemnify and save harmless The City of Calgary and/or the Calgary Board of Education and/or the Calgary Catholic Separate School District #1 from and against all actions, causes of action, suits, demands, payments, judgments or settlement, including solicitor client costs which arise from my use or the use of the facility by those I represent, except where such actions arise from the negligence of The City of Calgary, the Calgary Board of Education or the Calgary Catholic Separate School District #1.
This permit may be cancelled at any time if, in the opinion of The City or School Board, the conduct of those using the facility is not satisfactory.
Organizations or individuals renting facility space through The City of Calgary are required to carry general liability insurance acceptable to the Risk Management section of the Law Department in an amount of not less than Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000) inclusive limit for any one occurrence and such insurance shall include the City of Calgary and the respective School Board as additional insured. This insurance must not have a participant’s exclusion.
6. Ticket Sales, Liquor Events, Gambling, Smoking
Organizations charging admission to events in City facilities are responsible for ticket sales; The City may take a percentage of any gate admissions charged to participants. No gambling is permitted. Liquor may only be consumed where a permit has been obtained and in space designated for its consumption. The Calgary Board of Education and the Calgary Separate School District do not permit any alcohol in schools. Smoking is not permitted in any facility.
7. Unauthorized use
No permit holder may assign or sublet their interest in a City or School Board facility.
8. Personal information
The personal information collected in the process of issuing this facility rental permit is obtained under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is necessary for operating a program or activity of this public body.
Further, this information may be used for marketing purposes specifically related to programs or services delivered directly by The City of Calgary Recreation and will not be sold or shared with any individual or organization, except with the consent of the individual or organization, or as required by law. If you have questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact Facility Bookings at 403-268-3800, Option 2.
Payment terms & options
Payment due dates vary by the type of rental period. Refer to your invoice or permit. Rental permits may be cancelled for non-payment by the specified due date. Payments can be accepted online at https://liveandplay.calgary.ca using the same email address listed on your rental permit or by phone during regular business hours - 403-268-3800, option #2.
Rental cancellations & changes
When notified at least 30 days before the rental date, cancellations and reductions in time will be refunded. A $10.50 administration fee applies. The fee covers up to 10 changes per permit, per change submission. Submit cancellations or changes through the online amendment request form at http://cocnmp.com/amendmentform/.
The City collects personal information through the rental application process under authority of the:
- Facility Booking Policy and Procedure
- Facility Use Agreement
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, section 33(c)
We use your information only to contact you about your rental application and permit as required.