Downtown Calgary Development Incentive Program
Revised Downtown Calgary Development Incentive Program
The revised Downtown Calgary Development Incentive Program supports office space conversions to residential units, hotels, schools and performing arts centres.
Downtown Post-Secondary Institution Incentive Program
The Downtown Post-Secondary Institution Incentive Program provides incentives for Calgary’s post-secondary institutions to establish a greater presence downtown.
Downtown Office Demolition Incentive Program
The Downtown Office Demolition Incentive Program supports the demolition of office buildings that are unsuitable for office conversions.
909 5 Avenue S.W.
Developer: Peoplefirst Developments
Municipal investment: $7,800,000
Scope of conversion: ~104,000 sq. ft.
Total units created: 112
- The main floor will include retail and amenities for residents and the surrounding community
- The second floor will be built out into a coworking space for small businesses – supporting, entrepreneurs, and residents in the area.
833 4 Avenue S.W.
Developer: PBA Group of Companies
Municipal investment: $12,375,000
Scope of conversion: ~163,000 sq. ft.
Total units created: 225
- Main floor café and patio
- Bicycle parking and repair facilities
- Second floor restaurant and gathering area
- Outdoor gathering spaces on the 10-12 floors
808 4 Avenue S.W.
Developer: United Canadian Investments Inc.
Municipal investment: $6,600,000
Scope of conversion: ~88,000 sq. ft.
Total units created: 81
- Parkade/EV charging stations for resident bikes and cars
- Fitness room
- In-house daycare and plaza activity area
- Café/restaurant with plaza seating area
- Community flex space
- Rooftop space/patio
125 9 Avenue S.E.
Developer: Aspen Properties
Municipal investment: ~$15,000,000
Scope of conversion: ~200,000 sq. ft.
Total units created: 176
- Ground-level outdoor park and skating rink
- Fitness facility
- Resident amenity lounge, located midway through the building, will provide residents with a modern common floor featuring games areas, a workspace, lounge seating, a kitchen/bar area, and an outdoor BBQ space
- Rooftop patio
205 9 Avenue S.E.
Developer: Cidex Group of Companies
Municipal investment: $8,200,000
Scope of conversion: ~110,000 sq. ft.
Total units created: 113
- The main floor will include an artists studio and amenities for residents and the surrounding community
Still have questions?
You can also submit an inquiry to the program team at email@example.com.