New Year's Eve Celebrations
New Year's Eve fireworks
How to watch the fireworks
Ring in the New Year with fireworks from the top of the Calgary Tower and a soundtrack from CJSW 90.9 FM. The soundtrack will feature Canadian artists DJ Shub, The Corey Hotline, Sureshock & Miss Fudge, plus Arkells, Coer de Pirate, Aly, & AJ, and Caity Gyorgy.
Starting at 11:55 pm watch the fireworks from Olympic Plaza or from home with our livestream. You can also tune into CJSW 90.9 FM to listen to the soundtrack and countdown to midnight.
There is no formal entertainment planned for Olympic Plaza. The skating rink will be open from 10 a.m. until midnight. Skate rentals will be available.Watch the livestream
What to do on New Year’s Eve
In addition to watching the fireworks, there are other ways to celebrate the New Year.
Events and activities
Enjoy a great meal with your family and friends at a local restaurant.
Check out VisitCalgary.com to learn about activities and events hosted by local businesses and organizations.
Consider supporting local shops and purchasing locally made products.
Outdoor winter activities
Find more activities and events on Calgary.ca/LoveWinter
Getting around on New Year's Eve
To help you get home safely, Calgary Transit will have extended service on New Year’s Eve.
- CTrains will run until 4:00 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2023.
- Bus routes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 22, 301, 302, MAX Orange, MAX Yellow, MAX Teal and MAX Purple will run until 3:00 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2023.
Road & sidewalk closures
For pedestrian and traffic safety during the fireworks, the following will be closed from 11:30 p.m. Dec. 31, 2022 to 12:15 a.m. Jan. 1, 2023:
- Centre St. S.E., from 6 Ave. S.E. to 9 Ave. S.E.
- 9 Ave. S.W., from 1 St. S.W. to 1 St. S.E.
- 9 Ave. S.W. sidewalk in front of the Calgary Tower
Help out fellow Calgarians
- Donate to the food bank or charity that is important to you
- Donate your extra clothes and home items
- Be a snow angel and shovel snow for your neighbours
If you or someone you know are struggling and need emotional, mental or social support over the holidays, help is available. Call 211 or text INFO to 211.