Accounts Payable FAQ
- What can I do to help the payment proceed more quickly? What information do I need to provide on my invoice to ensure it gets paid?
- What is the status of my payment?
- What are the City of Calgary's payment terms?
- How do I remit invoices to The City?
- I lost my cheque! How do I get it replaced?
- Where will my cheque be sent?
- I received a cheque from Accounts Payable, but don't know what it's for. How do I find out?
- How to I receive my payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)?
Indicate the following information on your invoice:
- Supplier name and remittance address
- Invoice number
- Invoice amount
- Purchase order number (if applicable)
- GST registration number (if applicable)
- Send the invoice to email@example.com
- Submit individual invoices for payment. The City does not pay from supplier statements. Follow up on invoices by calling 311, 24 hours per day, or 1-403-268-CITY (2489) outside of Calgary.
Follow up on invoices by calling 311, 24 hours per day, or 1-403-268-CITY (2489) outside of Calgary.
All City accounts shall be paid by the negotiated due date, after the proper invoice has been submitted and receipt of acceptable materials or services has been verified.
Standard payment terms are net 30 days.
Payments are issued weekly, with cheque payments mailed directly to the payee. We encourage payments by EFT. See below for further information.
Invoices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to this address:
The City of Calgary, Accounts Payable
P.O. Box 2100, Station M, #8041
Calgary, AB T2P 2M5
If a cheque is lost or stolen, it should be reported to Accounts Payable by calling 311, 24 hours per day, or 1-403-268-CITY (2489) outside of Calgary. Accounts Payable will place a stop payment on the cheque in question and once confirmation is received that the cheque has not been cashed, a replacement cheque will be issued.
Cheques are mailed directly to the payee to the address stated on your invoice.
Please contact Accounts Payable by calling 311, 24 hours per day, or 1-403-268-CITY (2489) outside of Calgary.
8. How do I receive my payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)?
If you meet the criteria outlined below you may be eligible to be set up for Electronic Funds Transfer payment. Please contact APVendors@calgary.ca to enquire if this method is right for you.
In order to be eligible to receive EFT payments, the supplier must meet the following criteria:
- The receiving bank must be a Canadian banking institution, and
- The funds to be remitted must be Canadian dollars.
Please note the following:
- Any supplier with inactivity for more than 18 months will be inactivated in our system, and
- Payments in any non-Canadian funds are not eligible for EFT at this time.