Collaborate online with The City
The City of Calgary uses Microsoft tools for secure online conferencing and collaboration with citizens, external agencies and the general public. Here are some ways you might use Microsoft to connect with The City:
- File share: A City contact shares a file with you using Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Participate: You take part in a City hosted Microsoft Teams meeting or live event
- Present: You are a presenter during a City hosted Microsoft Teams live event
- Collaborate: You are asked to join a City Microsoft Teams site
While your City contact will provide you with specific links and instructions, here are some tips and tricks to make it easier for you to connect.
The City uses Microsoft OneDrive for Business to securely share files. Follow these instructions and tips here.
For most virtual meetings and live events with The City you can:
- join as a GUEST and DO NOT need a Microsoft account.
- join using a web browser only by selecting “Join on the web instead” and DO NOT need the Microsoft Teams app.
- For better functionality, you can download the Microsoft Teams app to your laptop, desktop computer or smart phone.
If you are participating in a City live event as an external presenter, your City contact will provide you with guidelines to walk you through from set up to event day.
You need the desktop version of Teams to be an external presenter.
You need to sign-in and verify your identity with The City’s technology environment. This multi-step process will be provided in the guidelines you receive.
A City contact may add you to a City team in Microsoft Teams and send you the details to access the team.