Humans, animals and plants all live together in Calgary. We share our greenspaces and parks with different kinds of wildlife. We can often encounter wild animals on our daily walks!
Sometimes we want to get close to wildlife, but it’s important to remember animals in the wild are not the same as our pets. Wild animals are not our friends, won’t want to be touched and should never be approached by a human. Animals have natural survival instincts and it’s important to not ever leave food out or feed wildlife.
Let’s meet some of our wildlife friends that we share our spaces with and see where they like to live.
Living together with nature craft
Go for a walk and find a piece of nature already on the ground to create your own masterpiece! Maybe your leaf or twig looks like a pair of pants, a crown or a superhero cape. Use your imagination and create a scene of how you coexist with nature!
- Paper or cardstock
- Markers or pencil crayons
- A piece of nature
- Go for a walk and find a piece of nature. This might look like a fun shaped leaf, a wavy stick or some pebbles. Make sure you only pickup things already on the ground, we don’t want to hurt our plant friends.
- Once you have found the perfect piece of nature, imagine what you could turn it into. Could it be something you’re wearing, a super power, maybe even your dogs tail?
- Once you've imagined the perfect idea, decide where on the page you would like to glue your nature. Glue. Let dry.
- Colour to create your vision.