Success Stories of Other Waterfront Developments
- The Forks is Winnipeg's primary tourist attraction, with 3.5 million visitors annually
- 80-year-old railway stalls were converted to shops and restaurants in 1987
- This waterfront park has a river walk system running from Kildonan Park to the Legislative grounds and beyond
- For more information, visit "The Forks" in Winnipeg .
- Portland's River District Development plan called for the creation of a high-density urban residential neighborhood in partnership with the City of Portland
- An objective was to generate new private investment and improve the tax base on vacant and under-utilized land by developing a wide range of new housing units, new commercial opportunities and open space, all oriented to the Williamette River
- The area has a mix of multi-family housing, major office facilities, regional attractions, retail businesses, parks and open spaces
- For more information, see Portland Waterfront Park site at: Portland's River District.