Peigan Trail S.E. Twinning Project
The City of Calgary has completed the initial engineering phase for the Peigan Trail from Barlow Trail S.E. to 84 Street S.E. expansion.
Decisions about the next project phase will be made after current and future projects are prioritized and funding is confirmed.
About the project
The initial engineering phase included:
- recording existing roadway conditions,
- coordinating required utility work,
- initial stormwater design,
- initial roadway design, and
- examining environmental impacts and mitigations.
The project included roughly 6.5 kilometres of Peigan Trail from Barlow Trail in the west to 84 Street in the east. Much of Peigan Trail is a two-lane roadway. It studied the expansion to four-lanes in the interim stage, with eventual expansion to six-lanes.
- Detailed design to start in 2023
- Construction anticipated to start in 2024.