Peigan Trail S.E. Expansion
The City of Calgary has completed the initial engineering phase for the Peigan Trail from Barlow Trail S.E. to 84 Street S.E. expansion.
Decisions about the next project phase will be made after current and future projects are prioritized and funding is confirmed.
About the project
The initial engineering phase included:
- recording existing roadway conditions,
- coordinating required utility work,
- initial stormwater design,
- initial roadway design, and
- examining environmental impacts and mitigations.
The project included roughly 6.5 kilometres of Peigan Trail from Barlow Trail in the west to 84 Street in the east. Much of Peigan Trail is a two-lane roadway. It studied the expansion to four-lanes in the interim stage, with eventual expansion to six-lanes.
- January 2017 - Initial engineering phase begins
- May 2018 - Finalize initial engineering report
- Late 2018 / early 2019 - Decision on funding/construction approval
Public engagement / communications
The City is committed to providing information to stakeholders along Peigan Trail, and motorists that use this roadway. This webpage is the primary source of information for this project.
If you have questions or require more information, please fill out the 311 online form.