- More people walking
- Fewer pedestrian injuries and fatalities
- Better winter conditions for walking
- More walkable communities
- More children walking to school
- High confidence in our pedestrian system (measured as part of the Citizen Satisfaction Survey)
- Improving intersections with the installation of 50 new Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons.
- Building missing sidewalk and pathway connections near schools and transit stations.
- Launch of the ActivateYYC microgrant program to help citizens to initiate 150 walkability projects in their communities.
- Trying a new way of engaging with communities through piloting efforts such as tactical urbanism
To learn more about the strategy, ask questions about walking or know of missing sidewalk links we should prioritize please contact 311.