The Transportation Strategy division is responsible for developing and implementing the long term goals and policies for Calgary's transportation system. The division focuses on a number of initiatives to help achieve a transportation system that is safe, reliable, efficient and customer-focused across all modes of travel and aligned with smart growth principles.
Current areas of focus include:
- Creation and ongoing stewardship of the Calgary Transportation Plan including monitoring progress of the plan's performance
- Investing in Mobility - the Transportation Department's 10 year capital construction plan
- Development of Calgary Parking Policies, which describes The City's overall policies with respect to parking
- Reporting and monitoring implementation of Action Plan 2015-2018
- Investigating funding and financing strategies for the provision of infrastructure
- Monitoring and preparing for future technologies that will impact Calgary