Ken Bracko Arena accessibility
At this Location:
Please note: We are working to improve access so that everyone feels like they belong and can use our services. Access is worked on during the planning, design and construction of projects. While much has been accomplished, it is acknowledged that more remains to be done to improve access. Not all parts of the facility may be "accessible for all". So ONLY the areas of the building that are barrier-free are listed on this webpage. See the detailed description to know whether your access needs will be met before you go.
- Eight designated accessible parking spaces.
- Accessible path of travel leads from parking lot to the entrance.
- Front entrance is at ground level (no stairs).
- Automatic sliding doors by sensor.
- International symbol of accessibility identifies the barrier-free areas of this facility: parking, washrooms, change rooms, elevator.
- Signage has strong colour contrast.
- Front entrance:
- Female washroom – two barrier-free stalls.
- Male washroom – one barrier-free stall.
Interior building elements
- Two floors/levels in facility; accessed via elevator or stairs.
- Ticket counter has a counter induction hearing loop.
- Fire alarms have audible & visual (flashing light) signals.
- Accessible bottle fill stations.
- Barrier-free path of travel through corridor to:
- Ken Bracko Arena & spectator seating.
- Arena #2 & spectator seating.
- Change rooms 1 – 4.
- Open space equipped with barrier-free washroom and shower.
- Multi-purpose (meeting) rooms.
- Open space with accessible kitchenette in Gold & Silver rooms.
- Concession in lobby.
- Walking track on upper concourse.
- Spectator viewing area.
- 20 designated wheelchair seating spaces on upper concourse level with 20 companion seats installed during events.
- A non-sloped open area for wheelchair seating at ice level.
- Note: access ramp is steep.