Report a street light problem
Report light outages using our online Street Light Outage map application. There are thousands of street lights in Calgary, maintained by different providers. The City contracts Enmax to maintain most street lights adjacent to our roadways. Street light repairs will typically be done within 30 days, weather permitting. More complex issues, including short circuits or underground wire faults, may take longer to repair. Report issues with street light poles through 311.
Report burnt out / flickering lights
Use the street light outage map to report:
• Burned out street lights,
• Flickering street lights, and/or
• Street lights that remain on during daylight hours.
Report damaged lights
Use the 311 online service request to report:
• Physically damaged bulbs
• Damaged street light pole, base or bulb covers,
• Any other physical damage
Frequently asked questions about street light repairs
How to Report a street light outage
How can I report a street light outage?
How can I tell if/when my street light outage has been attended to?
Why can I no longer report street light outages through 311?
While many of The City’s streetlights are maintained by Roads/Enmax, several are the responsibility of entities outside of The City of Calgary. The City has worked with our contracted partners to create this map to reduce the administrative costs associated with actioning repairs to a streetlight. This map also minimizes duplicate outage reporting by showing reported issues and improves overall accuracy of reporting. Further, when you report an outage using the Streetlight Outage Map we do not require any personal information to complete the work. Physical damage to streetlights can still be reported through 311.
How long does it take for a street light outage to be repaired?
How can I get updates on my street light outage report?
If you would like to receive updates on your street light outage report, you must sign into the Street Light Outage Map using your myID account prior to reporting outages. Linking your reports using your myID account will allow you to search outages you have reported and receive repair status updates. If you reported your outage anonymously, the most up-to-date information is available on the street light outage map. Due to the volume of street light reports that we receive, The City of Calgary is unable to provide information on a case by case basis.
Can I use the street light reporting map to report a downed pole?
Who is responsible for Street Lights not maintained by The City of Calgary?
- Street lights in backlanes – please contact Enmax directly.
- Street lights on Deerfoot Trail (provincially maintained):
- North of Stoney Trail South, please contact Carmacks.
- South of Stoney Trail South, please contact Chinook Operations.
- Street lights on Stoney Trail (provincially maintained):
- North (16 Avenue N.W. to 17 Avenue S.E.), please contact Carmacks.
- South (Macleod Trail east to 17 Avenue S.E.), please, contact Chinook Operations.
- South (Macleod Trail west to Glenmore Trail), please contact AHSL.