Anti-Racism Action Committee
The Anti-Racism Action Committee will advise Council and provide leadership on developing and implementing a community-based anti-racism strategy. The Committee will monitor emerging community opportunities and challenges related to racism; identify systemic barriers to accessing City of Calgary programs and services; and recommend opportunities to work with community partners and organizations to address structural racism.
The Anti-Racism Action Committee will be responsible for the following:
- Advising and providing leadership on the development and implementation of a community-based anti-racism strategy;
- Identifying systemic barriers to accessing City of Calgary programs and services;
- Identifying intersecting oppressive systemic barriers to access information about City of Calgary programs and services;
- Identifying opportunities to work with community partners and organizations, as well as The City of Calgary, on actions to address structural racism on a community-wide level;
- Engaging and collaborating with community stakeholders (including other Council Advisory Committees) on systemic racism and actions;
- Reporting back to Council through regular updates to the Community Development Committee, including upon completion of significant milestones, such as Community Consultation; Strategy Development; and Implementation Plan; and
- Enhancing Council collaboration and interfacing with Council and Administration on emerging systemic racism issues.