Inspiring Neighbourhoods Grant process
Here’s how to get started and what to expect when applying for the Inspiring Neighbourhoods Grant.
- Beautify a community pathway
- Run a neighbourhood market
- Plan a community art project
- Install historical and land feature interpretation boards
- Enable efficiencies to track your board’s financial reporting with improved software
- Create a community engagement plan for a larger community project
- Support mental health initiatives
- Discuss project ideas with your CA early in the process. CAs are the only eligible organizations able to apply for ING and will need to provide a board approved motion as part of the application
- Gather neighbours and/or members willing to help take the lead. A dedicated group of people to inspire action and keep the project moving forward is crucial for project success
- Find out who might be interested in becoming a project partner. Partnerships are a great way to gain support, resources, and discover new ideas
- Develop a list of expenses and estimated costs associated with putting your project idea into action. Use the ING Budget Template to determine how to match the value of the grant
Inspiring Neighbourhoods Grant application is open for 2023 submissions.
- Recreation, Sport and Community Partnerships will review all applications.
- Grant decisions are made according to the funding and eligibility criteria outlined in the ING Guidelines.
- Decisions will be communicated by your NPC within four to six weeks of application submission.
- Successful applicants will receive a funding approval letter and a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to be signed before funds are distributed and the project begins
- Applicants who are not successful will receive feedback and recommendations
- Applicants will need to submit a ‘Supplier Direct Deposit Enrolment Application’ to The City of Calgary Corporate Accounts Payable (refer to your NPC)
- Contact your NPC should you require any support or have questions as your project proceeds
- Please ask your Neighbourhood Partnership Coordinator for the link to submit your final report.
- The Final Report Template will include a final project budget, and a copy of all expense receipts