Glenmore Trail / 68 Street S.E. intersection improvements
Project update – July 27, 2020
Construction on this project has now begun and is expected to be completed in 2021.
About the project
Currently, Glenmore Trail and 68 Street S.E. is a signalized 'T' intersection. The proposed intersection improvements will see the full development of the north leg of the intersection and improve 68 Street to/from the south. The reconstruction of this intersection will improve access for existing nearby industrial development, and open up new industrial development opportunities on private and municipally-owned lands within the Southeast 68 Street Industrial Area Structure Plan.
The project includes:
- Widening and reconstruction of 68 Street S.E. from two lanes to four lanes from Glenmore Trail south to the Western Headworks Canal
- Build a new four-lane roadway for 68 Street north from Glenmore Trail to 74 Avenue S.E.
- Construct a new at-grade traffic loop in the NW quadrant of the intersection, allowing motorists from southbound Stoney Trail to access 68 Street southbound without having to weave through westbound Glenmore Trail traffic
- Construction of multi-use pathways along 68 Street
- Relocation of utilities, construction of the stormwater drainage system along 68 Street, and enhanced streetlighting.
Click to enlarge image
In conjunction with development of the Point Trotter and Dufferin North Industrial areas south of Glenmore Trail and proposed development north of Glenmore Trail, Real Estate & Development Services of The City of Calgary was tasked with undertaking improvements at the intersection.
- Fall 2019 Detailed design completed
- July 2020 Construction begins
- 2021 Anticipated completion
If you have questions or require more information about this project, please contact 311.