Missed collection day pickup
Report a missed pickup
Check your collection day pickup schedule, visit Garbage and Recycling Day Schedule.
You can also report a missed collection by calling 311.
Common reasons for missed pickup
- Carts were not set out by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- We could not access your cart because it was improperly placed or blocked
- Unacceptable items were placed in your black, blue or green cart.
- Black carts must be filled completely before setting out extra bags.
- All recyclables must be inside the Blue Cart. Extra bags are not picked up.
- Green carts must be filled completely before setting out paper yard waste bags.
Notice tags left on carts
As part of our education efforts, we may leave a notice tag behind on your cart to make sure you know the right steps for collection day. Common reasons for missed collection include:
- Incorrect cart placement or spacing between carts
- Obstacles around carts
- Contamination in the bins
Your collector may tag your cart, but not collect the material. The bin is not serviced so that you are aware of the incorrect issue and to fix it for the next pick-up. Our collectors pick up hundreds of carts each day.
Having your carts set out properly with the right material helps us be safe and efficient while staying on schedule.