City Auditor's Office audits
The City Auditor’s Office (CAO) audit process continues to utilize a risk-based approach throughout the three phases of the audit: planning, fieldwork, and reporting. In particular, the planning phase includes a detailed risk identification and assessment phase. The purpose of this phase is to identify the most significant risks within the area and focus the allocated audit resources on those areas. The result is an audit project that focuses on the most significant risks that could impact the achievement of City objectives.
- Planning - The project plan outlines the audit objective, key risks, timelines and audit approach.
- Fieldwork - Formal audit procedures are completed according to IIA standards.
- Reporting - Final report is presented to the Audit Committee and released to the public.
- Client Feedback - We utilize feedback to identify improvement opportunities in audit services delivery.
- Follow-up - Actions on recommendations are monitored and reported quarterly to the Audit Committee.
The CAO reports the results of all audits in public reports to Council through the Audit Committee. We monitor the progress of action plans implemented to address our audit recommendations and report to Audit Committee on the completeness and timeliness of implementation.
Data Analytics Desktop Review Program AC2019-1242:
Cyber Security Incident Response Audit AC2018-0410:
Cover Report - Audit Report (confidential - in camera)
Plebiscite Readiness Review AC2018-1247: