Application Approval for Use of School Facilities
Please follow the process below for all special requests:
- Complete the Application/Approval for Use of School Facilities Form. Fill out only the sections on the form where you are requesting an approval.
- Call the school directly to setup an appointment to have the form approved and signed by the Principal.
- Once the Application/Approval for Use of School Facilities form has been signed, fill out the online application form at booking a gymnasium. Attach a copy of the approved Application/Approval for use of School Facilities Form to the completed online application and submit to our office for processing.
- If you are adding an approval to an existing permit, please email a copy of the approved Application/Approval for use of School Facilities Form to email@example.com.
What is considered special request?
- Bringing in outside food or beverages.
- Using non-public equipment (i.e., badminton nets, soccer nets).
- Requesting times outside regular booking hours (i.e., school use nights, non-public hours, early start) examples?
- Requesting other school spaces (i.e., classrooms, gathering spaces)
- Specific gym setup/accommodations.
Gymnasium Booking Information
- School gymnasiums are available for not-for-profit public groups and registered *non-profit organizations to use outside of school hours.
- For new request submissions, please allow for 30 days prior to the first booking, due to processing time.
- Submissions for Public Day must be submitted beginning at 8:30 a.m. If you submit an application prior to 8:30 a.m. on Public Day, your request will be moved in order of being received beginning at 9 a.m. This will result in a delay, while those who submitted between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. are being processed.
- Inappropriate behavior will be reported to the Facility Bookings office. The group will be advised of the complaint and the complaint process. – caretaker sends the issue to the school board, the school board sends to us and we email the group with the nature of the complaint, if damages occur we inform them the school will invoice them for the damages. Added to the rental permit for us to collect. More than three complaints permits can be reneged.
Gymnasium Renewal Rights
- To qualify for gymnasium renewal rights, you must have a booking of a minimum of 6 dates at one gymnasium, for the same time period on the same day of the week. (Example: at least 6 bookings at one school, Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
- If you delete dates from your renewal permit resulting in less than 6 bookings, you may lose your renewal rights.
- Renewal bookings are based on your organization’s previous booking of an individual school on a session-to-session basis (Fall renews to Fall, Winter/Spring renews to Winter/Spring).
- If your booking is considered a renewal, you will automatically receive a permit the following session. You will not have to apply for the space, a deadline will be provided to cancel the renewal permit without charge.
Gymnasium Payment Information
- Payment for 5 or less dates booked is due immediately.
- Payment for more than 5 dates booked is due in full 30 days before the first booking date.
- If payment is not received by the due date, we will cancel the permit and you will lose your renewal rights. The cancelled bookings will then be made available to the public. Please ensure your payments are received in our office by the due date to avoid cancellation. This process applies to all groups booking school gyms.
- Payment options - You can pay for your bookings online, by phone, or by mail. Click here for payment instructions. Payments can now be made online at: https://liveandplay.calgary.ca/REGPROG/public/Logon/Logon. You will need to enter in your email address and reset your password if this is your first time paying online.
Gymnasium Cancellation Policies
- Please review our standard cancellation & amendment policies that apply to all bookings.
- Cancellations or amendments must be received by Facility Bookings a minimum of 30 days before the booking date. Failure to observe this deadline will result in the renter being charged the full cost of the rental.