Playfield rental terms and conditions
Our rental terms and conditions apply to all Playfield users. You’ll be asked to accept them during the applications process.
Your permit must be onsite during any and all of your bookings to avoid any confusion. Your permit is proof of your rental to anyone who may need to see it.
Permits are only valid for the date, time and location specified on the reservation receipt. The City of Calgary does not post reservation notices at park or field locations. If a non-permitted user is occupying the site, the permit holder should show proof of reservation. If the non-permitted user refuses to vacate the Playfield, please contact City staff if available on site, or call 311 and request a bylaw officer to be dispatched.
The facility permit holder (applicant/renter) is expected to adhere to the Rules & regulations governing Playfields in order to ensure both the safety of participants and the preservation of The City facility. As the permit holder, it is your responsibility to ensure that every player, team official, parent of players (for youth organizations), and spectator is aware of the conditions of use/regulations.
Payment terms & options
Payment for 5 or less dates booked is due immediately. Spring renewal permits (start date between April 15 – June 30): Payments due March 15. Spring renewal permits unpaid by this date will be cancelled.
Payment of more than 5 dates as well as Summer and fall renewal permits: Payments due 30 days prior to the start date on the permit. Rental permits may be cancelled for non-payment by the specified due date. Rental permits may be cancelled for non-payment by the specified due date. We accept:
- Credit cards - Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Pay by phone during regular business hours, or online using the same email address listed on your rental permit.
- Visa debit cards - Pay by phone during regular business hours, or online using the same email address listed on your rental permit.
- Cash - Customers may pay with cash or debit at recreation facilities.
- Cheques – Payable to The City of Calgary. Mail to:
The City of Calgary Recreation MC #68
P.O. Box 2100, Stn M #68,
Calgary, AB, T2P 2M5.
Your permit is your official invoice.
The City collects personal information through the rental application process under authority of the:
- Facility Booking Policy and Procedure
- Facility Use Agreement
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, section 33(c)
We use your information only to contact you about your rental application and permit as required.
Rental cancellations and changes
We'll refund a cancelled booking when notified at least 30 days before the rental date. A $10.50 administration fee applies. Other conditions apply to groups with renewal rights.
- E-class playfields are non refundable after April 15th of the current year.
- No refunds are given for inclement weather/rainouts (*exception – tournaments).
- Rain out or inclement weather refunds for tournaments will be processed when the renter contacts Facility Bookings at 403-268-3800 (option 2) no later than the next business day after your event.
- Refunds for tournament rain outs will be less the 25% deposit and tournament or day camp administration fee.
- Regular bookings (Pick Up's) and renewal bookings do not qualify for inclement weather or rain out refunds.
A $10.50 administration fee also applies to changing a rental permit. The fee covers up to 10 changes per permit, per change submission. Submit cancellations or changes to Facility Bookings: