Tennis court rental terms and conditions
Tennis court use
- The public can use City of Calgary tennis courts for recreation play free of charge, without having to book them.
- All groups who book City courts must leave at least one court vacant at all locations except when booked for approved special events.
- Applications may require up to eight weeks for approval.
Our rental terms and conditions apply to all tennis court users. You’ll be asked to accept them during the applications process.
Your permit must be onsite during any and all of your bookings to avoid any confusion. Your permit is proof of your rental to anyone who may need to see it.
Permits are only valid for the date, time and location specified on the reservation receipt. The City of Calgary does not post reservation notices at park or field locations. If a non-permitted user is occupying the site, the permit holder should show proof of reservation. If the non-permitted user refuses to vacate the tennis court, please contact City staff if available on site, or call 311 and request a bylaw officer to be dispatched.
The facility permit holder (applicant/renter) is expected to adhere to the Rules & regulations governing tennis courts in order to ensure both the safety of participants and the preservation of The City facility. As the permit holder, it is your responsibility to ensure that every player, team official, parent of players (for youth organizations), and spectator is aware of the conditions of use/regulations.
Special Events Application Information
- Special events and tournaments must submit an application. You must indicate on the application that you are holding a tournament or special event.
Payment terms & options
Payment for 5 or less dates booked is due immediately. Payment of fees for all dates listed on the permit must be paid on or before the payment due date indicated on the Facility Rental Permit.
Once you have received confirmation of your facility rental or booking, please see below for instructions on how to pay for your permit(s) and how to cancel or amend your booking(s) if needed.
- Online - https://liveandplay.calgary.ca/REGPROG/public/Logon/Logon. You will need to enter in your email address and reset your password if this is your first time paying online.
- By phone - Contact Facility Bookings at 403-268-3800, option #2 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.). You will be asked to provide your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card details.
- Cheques – Payable to The City of Calgary. Mail to:
The City of Calgary Recreation MC #68
P.O. Box 2100, Stn M #68,
Calgary, AB, T2P 2M5.
Your permit is your official invoice.
The City collects personal information through the rental application process under authority of the:
- Facility Booking Policy and Procedure
- Facility Use Agreement
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, section 33(c)
This information is used to communicate with your group and to determine the most suitable facility based on your application requirements. The information you supply will appear on your booking contract.
If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact Rentals and Bookings at 403-268-3800 (option 2), Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Rental cancellations and changes
Please review our standard cancellation & amendment policies that apply to all bookings.
- You can cancel or change your booking using the amendment app or by contacting Facility Bookings.
- Additional Cancellation & Amendment Notes:
- Cancellations or amendments must be received by Facility Bookings a minimum of 14 business days in advance of the rental date.
- Rebooking of tennis courts because of inclement weather (rain, snow, sleet or hail) will be processed when the renter contacts the Facility Bookings office no later than the next business day after the booking. There are no refunds because of inclement weather.