Back to Our Services
We respond to site safety concerns by providing guidance and direction to ensure a safe resolution. Building Safety also works with industry and partner agencies to identify, educate, and promote safety best practices to reduce incidents and public safety concerns.
Download the full service plan
Self-supported service line
per $100 in building permit construction value
What we heard
- enhanced safety around construction by coordinating with first responders, stakeholders and partner agencies,
- timely occupancy of buildings through plan review and inspections in accordance with safety codes,
- the Building Maintenance Bylaw to contribute to the safety of occupied buildings,
- improvement of internal processes and services for citizens to encourage development, and support existing businesses and,
- encouraging more energy efficient buildings, and proactively develop climate adaptation strategies such as rainwater harvesting and solar panels.